- Consulting / Editing / Coaching Packages
- Publishing / Query Consultation with Joy Baglio at PVWW (1 hour)
Publishing / Query Consultation with Joy Baglio at PVWW (1 hour)
This is a one-hour consult (on Zoom) on publishing / querying with PVWW Founder / Director Joy Baglio. This package is for approximately one hour of Joy's time. After purchase, Joy will be in touch with you directly to schedule the session. Please allow up to a week for the consultant to reach out directly after purchase.
About your editor / coach / consultant:
JOY BAGLIO is the founder/director of Pioneer Valley Writers' Workshop (PVWW). Her short stories have appeared widely, in journals such as The Missouri Review, Tin House, American Short Fiction, Conjunctions, The Iowa Review, TriQuarterly, Gulf Coast, New Ohio Review, and elsewhere. Recent honors include fellowships, scholarships, and grants from Yaddo, The Elizabeth George Foundation, Bread Loaf Writers' Conference, Sewanee Writers' Conference, The Speculative Literature Foundation, Vermont Studio Center, Ragdale, The Kerouac Project, and Martha's Vineyard Institute of Creative Writing. Joy holds an MFA from The New School and is a contributing editor at Bucknell University's literary magazine West Branch. She's represented by Peter Steinberg at Fletcher & Co and Sean Daily (for film/TV). Follow her on twitter at @JoyBaglio or visit her online at www.joybaglio.com.
Who this session is for:
- Writers who wants to learn more about the different paths to publishing (including literary magazines, small presses, traditional "Big Five" publishing, finding / querying agents, writing query letters, etc.)
- Novelists who have written and revised a manuscript and are ready to begin the querying process (including learning about agents, how to find them, and/or looking at your query letter together during the session).
- Writers who want advise and tips on the editing and revision process, from an informational perspective.
- Writers who want a "first page consultation" and want to discuss publishing options, processes, querying, etc. after that, in regard to their first page.
- Please note that this session does not include outside review of written work. A 2-hour session is needed for that.
What this session includes:
- One hour of Joy's time (on Zoom) to share knowledge / resources, discuss, answer questions, and teach on any aspect of publishing, querying, editing, revision, and/or craft
- Two handouts: Paths to Publishing handout, used in workshops and presentations on publishing, outlining the different steps and ways of approaching publishing. Querying handout, including example query letters and what each paragraph in your querying letter should address
- For those with a completed manuscript: A review and read-through of one (double-spaced) page of your manuscript (preferably the first page), to be discussed in the session. Make sure your work (for review) is in standard formatting (double-spaced, 12 point font, Times New Roman, one-inch margins)
Our basic policies regarding consulting, editing, and coaching at PVWW:
- All paid-for editing and/or coaching hours must be used within the calendar year they were purchased.
- If you want to continue working with your editor / coach after your initial session, you can book more time with them, either another two-hour package, or you can talk to them about a longer session.
- We are not able to offer refunds for any editing and/or coaching work that has already been completed and/or started by the consultant. However, if an editor has not yet begun the work and a refund is requested, that can usually be accommodated. In general, consulting/editing/coaching refunds and/or cancellations are handled on a case-by-case basis.
- Please respect your consultant's time and make sure that all work turned in is double-spaced and in standard formatting (Times New Roman, 12 point font, one inch margins). Work that is not in standard formatting will be put into standard formatting before reading / commenting begins.
Thank you for supporting Pioneer Valley Writers' Workshop, and we're excited to support you and your writing!