Pioneer Valley Writers' Workshop
Writing Workshops, Coaching & Editing, Literary Community
• Our FALL SCHEDULE is now online! Sign up for a writing workshop!
• Check out our upcoming Fall READINGS & EVENTS, free & open to all!
• Interview with Founder Joy Baglio about PVWW. Read!
• Craft videos with PVWW instructors at our Craft Corner! Check it out!
Subscribe to our newsletter
In every newsletter:
Updates on upcoming events,
craft tips, & highlights from our recent workshops!
We are a creative writing school offering a range of fiction, poetry, and nonfiction writing workshops in Western MA. Almost all of our classes are held in Commons Coworking, a communal workspace in Williamsburg, MA (a ten minute drive from Northampton.) We also regularly hold writing-related community events at the Commons, Forbes Library, Northampton Center for the Arts, Mill 180 Park, and other venues in the Pioneer Valley. Each of our workshops includes craft instruction, example texts, group discussion, and an opportunity to try your hand at in-class writing exercises. Our students are from all walks of life: Some have MFA's and published works, others are taking their first steps towards making writing a part of their lives. Our goal is to create a nurturing, supportive, and inspiring community for writers of all levels and backgrounds.
Our philosophy is rooted in several key principles:
1) The importance of studying craft.
2) Integrating writing into your life.
3) Being part of a writing community.
4) Editing and revision with reader feedback.
5) Publishing and marketing your work