Pioneer Valley Writers' Workshop
Writing Workshops, Manuscript Consulting, Literary Community
• Our Winter/Spring 2019 Schedule Is Here! Check out our MULTI-WEEK WORKSHOPS and ONE-DAY WORKSHOPS, enrolling now!
• Now - December 15th: Contribute to our SCHOLARSHIP FUND to help writers with financial need attend a workshops! Learn More / Give!
• Check out our WRITING BLOG! Join in the conversation!
• We are seeking AN INTERN for winter/spring 2019! Learn More & Apply!
• Interview with Founder Joy Baglio about PVWW. Read!
Subscribe to our newsletter
In every newsletter:
Updates on upcoming events,
craft tips, & highlights from our recent workshops!
"A day will come when the story inside you will want to breathe on its own. That’s when you’ll start writing." - Sarah Noffke
We are a creative writing school offering a range of fiction, poetry, and nonfiction writing workshops in Western MA as well as professional manuscript consulting and editing services. Almost all of our classes are held in Commons Coworking, a communal workspace in Williamsburg, MA (a ten minute drive from Northampton.) We also regularly hold writing-related community events at various venues in the Pioneer Valley. Each of our workshops includes craft instruction, example texts, group discussion, and an opportunity to try your hand at in-class writing exercises. Our students are from all walks of life: Some have MFA's and published works, others are taking their first steps towards making writing a part of their lives. Our goal is to create a nurturing, supportive, and inspiring community for writers of all levels and backgrounds.
Our philosophy is rooted in several key principles:
1) The importance of studying craft.
2) Integrating writing into your life.
3) Being part of a writing community.
4) Editing and revision with reader feedback.
5) Publishing and marketing your work
"Can't say enough about PVWW, Joy, and her amazing team of teachers! Writing is very much about the ability to sit in your seat for hours and put pen to paper, but coming to PVWW helps you build a community around your writing, breathe new life into your efforts, and get out of your own head a bit. And beyond that, I've learned lots of practical, nuts-and-bolts techniques that have vastly improved my work."
- Emily Everett, Managing Editor at The Common
"PVWW is the most effective writing platform/service/group I've tried in the local area. The variety offered when it comes to events is a great mix-up between workshops, free writing sessions, and one-day classes, which specifically focus on particular areas of writing/craft. Each time I go to one of these events, I feel not only reenergized, but capable of carrying out the various techniques and tools that are shared."
- Meg Granger, reader for The Masters Review